June 29, 2009

Silent All These Years

啊,雖然是有些口筆譯工作的故事與心得可以寫,但是在靈感醞釀起來之前先聽到了這首歌。為甚麼會聽到這首歌呢?一切都是連鎖反應。首先呢,在 WM 的網誌上看到歌神唱歌,看到台下坐著孫燕姿,所以我就把孫燕姿的歌翻出來聽聽,其中有一首還是個人製作獻給 Kansas 的影片配樂啊。

她唱過 Silent All These Years,大概好幾年前的事情了,但是我第一次聽到卻是高中時原唱 Tori Amos 的版本,所以又上 Youtube 回味 Amos 的版本…

And here we are:



歌詞-
Excuse me but can I be you for a while
My dog won't bite if you sit real still
I got the anti-Christ in the kitchen yellin' at me again
Yeah I can hear that
Been saved again by the garbage truck
I got something to say you know
But nothing comes
Yes I know what you think of me
You never shut-up
Yeah I can hear that

But what if I'm a mermaid
In these jeans of his
With her name still on it
Hey but I don't care
Cause sometimes
I said sometimes
I hear my voice
And it's been here
Silent All These Years

So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thoughts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts
Boy you best pray that I bleed real soon
How's that thought for you
My scream got lost in a paper cup
You think there's a heaven
Where some screams have gone
I got 25 bucks and a cracker
Do you think it's enough
To get us there

Cause what if I'm a mermaid
In these jeans of his
With her name still on it
Hey but I don't care
Cause sometimes
I said sometimes
I hear my voice
And it's been here
Silent All These...

Years go by
Will I still be waiting
For somebody else to understand
Years go by
If I'm stripped of my beauty
And the orange clouds
Raining in head
Years go by
Will I choke on my tears
Till finally there is nothing left
One more casualty
You know we're too easy easy easy

Well I love the way we communicate
Your eyes focus on my funny lip shape
Let's hear what you think of me now
But baby don't look up
The sky is falling
Your mother shows up in a nasty dress
It's your turn now to stand where I stand
Everybody lookin' at you here
Take hold of my hand
Yeah I can hear them

But what if I'm a mermaid
In these jeans of his
With her name still on it
Hey but I don't care
Cause sometimes
I said sometimes
I hear my voice [x3]

And it's been here
Silent All These Years
I've been here
Silent All These Years

又是一首會聽到哭的歌。

2 comments:

JenniferShih (師大) said...

Silent all these years! 好懷念呦

如果我沒記錯的話, 這是Tori Amos發行的第一張專輯Little Earthquakes的主打歌, 因為主要伴奏都是鋼琴, 我花了很多時間把其中一些曲子譜出來, 只因為真的喜歡她的音樂, 想要自己在家裡自彈自唱

啊!一轉眼已經十幾年了ㄚ(凝望遠方狀)

gitiswoods said...

to Jennifer:

會彈鋼琴真厲害 ~ 我是不會彈啦,但不時著迷於一些純鋼琴伴奏。對於她其他歌曲我就不是那麼熟,唯獨這首...大概是接觸時還是生活很單純的日子,所以能留下較深印象。每次聽到都像回去過往某段時空 (陷入沉思狀)。